The success of Silver Blades Ice Rink and the Widnes Wild Ice Hockey team lies not only with the players and coaching staff, but in those who are employed or volunteer their time to make this programme successful.
The North West Winter Sports club who oversee the rink and the Widnes Wild are currently looking for sports development and marketing intern who want to be part of both Silver Blades Ice Rink and the Widnes Wild with a remit to increase participation in ice rink activities, promote the senior ice hockey team and grow our junior programme.
In return we offer training, a great working environment and an opportunity to develop skills and experience in the sport industry. This is a paid role with hours and remuneration to be agreed prior to start. The role is initially for three months however this may be extended and there is the strong possibility that this may lead to a permanent position.
Applicants should be enrolled in or just be completing a relevant FE or HE course; know how to operate Microsoft Word and Excel; be Internet savvy; have strong communication skills; be able to work flexibly; have a passion for sports and have the ability to be creative!
Whilst the role is reasonably flexible we would be looking for the following to be delivered as part of the role.
- Drive an increase in participation across all programmes at the rink
- Assist the directors and rink management with marketing
- Assist with office responsibilities
- Plan and implement promotions and activities
- Develop a promotional plan for sports programmes
- Organise special events
- Identify and secure partnerships with compatible organisations
- Adhere to and promote the values of the organisation (robust and transparent engagement, customer service, working for the benefit of the local community)
- Supervise team of promotions assistants and volunteers at each event
- Develop and implement programmes and activities to activate the marketing elements such as logo exposure, PA announcements, promotions, and events
- Oversee design and placement of advertising for events
- Coordinate hospitality
For more information please contact Matt Lloyd either at the rink or through the email email@example.com